
We made it back to Lukla. For me, and a few others, the hardest day. It seems everyday is the hardest, but today was 8 long hours and the last day. Peter figures we hiked a total of 60 some hours and we traveled 120 kms. Looking down the valley from where we came and went, it is very very far. Knowing what I know now about this trek I don't think I would or could do it again. But I am happy that I did it and am proud of the accomplishment. It was the most physically and mentally challenging thing I have every done and probably ever will do. Can't wait to hop that plane tomorrow morning and head back to Kathmandu.
That's awesome Sylvie! I really enjoyed reading about your trip.
ReplyDeletewe've been reading your blog!! Wow! So proud of you... I bet your missing home now! Lily
ReplyDeleteSylvie,
ReplyDeleteWho would have thought that coming down was the hardest.
Just when you were breathing a sigh of relief.
MOM